Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday {June 26,2015}




I'm linking up for my first 5 for Friday weekly linky party with #doodlebugsteaching and I am so excited! 

I know it's a big no-no to write two blog posts in one day ... but, I feel really excited about this week, and I know that I will be traveling next week, so I figured I better try this one out before I get too busy!

So, here are my top five for this last week! 



I worked on my first Handwriting Fluency for Grades 4 and 5 this week, and LOVED how the final product came out. I am finally starting to get the hang of creating cute covers and great products. I feel like this is my first truly original product, that is completely unique to me, and it makes me feel so proud! I cannot wait to get started with the next installment of my handwriting fluency packs and then go back and update my second and third grade covers! 







 My friend, Ms. Sonnen, and I went out and did something fun! We took the strayboots scavenger hunt tour of Boise. Strayboots is an app that is basically a really interesting, historical scavenger hunt of a major city. It's $10 for each person {or team} that you play with. You download the app, sign in, and it gives you about 20 clues worth 10 points each. We just walked around together, instead of playing against each other, but it was so fun and I would recommend it to anyone looking to learn a little more about the city they live in or are visiting! 








I decided to bring back the owls next year! I have gone the last two years without using Owls as my classroom theme. AND. I. MISS. HAVING. THE. OWL. THEME! I found this adorable pack by Hope King, and am so excited to get printing and {of course, laminating!} I don't know what to expect next year, because I am moving to a charter school, but I know that I will be so excited to get those owls back up and decorate my room, even if I will have to stay up for 24 hours straight to get it all done at the last minute! Click below the picture to visit Hope King's TPT store! 




I found this video, and I cannot do not want to stop watching it! I just think it's the funniest thing I have ever seen!  I wish Riley Roo would learn how to control herself like this! I know that this is not something super productive, but I needed this this week! 






I finally got everything in to my mortgage company, and we are clear to close on my house on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so, soo, sooo, sooooo excited to be a homeowner. I cannot wait to pick out paint colors {I've already got some of them figured out in my head!}, decorate, and put as many holes in the wall as I want to!  Hopefully everything goes smoothly on Monday, and I will get keys early next week!!!



What are your top 5 moments from this last week? Link up on the doodlebugs teaching blog and comment below to let me know! 




2 comments:

  1. Your new house is adorable! Congratulations!

    The Stray Boots app sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new house, that is so awesome!! It is such a cute house!!
    I loved reading about the Strayboots app! I've never heard of that and it sounds like so much fun!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete